Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Baby's First Dance Recital!!!

Today Ash had her very first Dance Recital!! She's just the cutest little ballerina ever and flittering around acting like a princess in a tutu is right up her alley! I decided to go with her and be a backstage mom and boy am I glad I did!! She had a serious nerves meltdown right before they were called to go on and I had to talk her down... she was so panicky, I'm not sure that someone else's mom could have done it. But we worked it out and she went on stage and she was a star!! Honestly, it was probably one of my most proud moments of a parent... I had no idea that I would cry like a baby watching her out there (from the side stage)... but I was a mess!!

So proud of her!!

Here's some shots of my girl:



Here are the four girls in her group before the show... we had to be there 1.5 hours early and they just sat backstage and watched movies and colored... little angels, they were!


Here they are lined up to leave the green room and go backstage to do their dance... they were so nervous... I WAS SO NERVOUS!



This is backstage... they're going on next and they're watching the group before them dance on stage... it was intimidating... it was dark and there were big bright lights shinging down... Ash looks so scared!! LOL

But, they went on... here they are standing in the dark on the stage waiting for the music to start.


And when the lights did finally come on, they went to work and they all did fantastic!!! :)



My mom said she was the only one that smiled the whole show... I think it's because during our "pep talk" before the show, I told her that when I get nervous to do anything in front of people, I just picture them all in their underwear! Well, that's all she needed to hear and she was good as new and couldn't wait to get on that stage to check out everyone's underwear!! LOL

When they were done, she ran off the stage and right when everything was dead silent she yelled "Mommy, Daddy was wearing purple underwear with blue polka dots!!!".. HILARIOUS!!

Here they are all together after the show! SOOOOOO CUTE!!! The two on either side of Ash are her good little friends Megan and Tessa. I'm so glad she has them! When she goes to her new school in September, it will be so nice that she will have them. They are both just the sweetest little girls ever.

So proud of you Ash!!

7 comments:

Carol Kerfoot said...

oh my gosh this made me cry.

Look at them all with their hands up by their mouths watching the big girls and boys dance before they went on!!!!!!

Kristy said...

SOOOOOOO cute!
I love the one with them standing in the dark waiting for the music to start...these are just the best. I am so proud of all of them! What an accomplishment!

fomr the mommy who cried when her daughter learned to ice skate...lol

cathy said...

So adorable they all are! Congrats to all of the beautiful ballerinas!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and innocent ! And trust me, the memory will last forever !!!
Tell Ash we are all so proud of her for being so brave and doing such a good job !
XOX XOX

Anonymous said...

You make the prettiest ballerina ever Ashley!! wish I could have seen you perform!!

Love Auntie Sheilah

Anonymous said...

Those are such awesome pics Jill!! You really captured the moment! Ashleigh looks like a little angel! Way to go Ash, you did super duper!
Love,
Grammie T

Unknown said...

YAY! Glad to see some ballet pics finally!!
Ash looks sooo confident in that last pic! TOO cute! Way to go on the Mommy Pep Talk :)