Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We had a great xmas! This year was the first year that both of them sat on Santa's knee without crying. They both were SUPER stoked xmas eve and we tracked Santa, left out home made cookies and loved every minute of it. I don't really remember ever believing in Santa so this is just the coolest thing for me... it's like living through their eyes... and it's soooo cool.
Unfortunately my brother was supposed to come out for xmas morning but he got caught in the Air Canada/ YVR snow fiasco and wound up stuck in airports, etc. and didn't make it in until late Boxing day. :( BUT, he's here now and I'm soooo happy to see him. As we're getting older, I miss him more and more I find. I hate not being a part of his life and not knowing what's going on. I really hate not knowing his girlfriend very well and so wish she could have made it out this year. Well, maybe next year! OR... maybe he'll convince her to move back home! LOL... (A GIRL CAN DREAM CAN'T SHE!!???!!!).

So here are a few pics from this years' festivities... I didn't take a lot of pictures to tell you the truth. We set the video recorder up on my tripod for Christmas morning so I could just enjoy the moment. sigh. But, then we headed over to Helen and Paul's for Christmas Dinner and it was YUMMY!!

We had a great evening there and then headed over to Jess's house to meet my mom's side for a little bit of After Christmas Dinner Cheer. I really miss my family when I don't get to see them on Christmas as does Ted when it's my families' year. So we try to hit up all sides at some point.
Then the day after Boxing Day we headed over to my Dad's for our christmas morning and unfortunately I only took pics on Dad's point and shoot... I'll add images later if I can get them from him.

That evening we went over to my mom's where Blair got a HUGE surprise!

That's right! My mom bought his game jersey from the Winnipeg Bluebombers last year off auction and gave it to him for Christmas. It was definitely one of my favorite moments of the this year's holiday!

My fave gift of the year? I think it would have to be the Tim Horton's Coffee Mug, coffee and gift card that my little brother Shakeel bought me. Not only do I covet that mug every time I see it on a commercial but he bought it with his own money and it just means so much to me!

Well if you've made it this far, thank you! I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! I have more pictures and will post periodically and then in the next week or so, will do a 2008 catch up post.

I love you all! Take care of yourselves!
The Kirby's

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Jill!
Merry Christmas....I love reading this entry! Its so what its all about...kids, hitting different families, late arrivals, cool gifts....and I love the Tim Hortons mug too...It warmed my heart to read this (and apparently thats pretty hard to do!) love the photos...
Kristy

Carol Kerfoot said...

need to play
girls need an ash fix and I need a jill fix
come over

Jillian Kirby said...

We miss you Carol and girls. Invite us.
LOL

Hope Walls said...

Merry (belated) Christmas to you and yours, Jillian!

Jillian Kirby said...

And you Hope!! :)