Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Friday, February 19, 2010

Vancouver 2010

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've posted here... and I was on such a roll too! Well, to be honest, it's been kind of a boring month or so. We've been sick for almost all of it and have really not done much. Poor kiddos have been bored stiff.

But it's basically been survival mode: school, work, meals, sleep. Repeat.

I think we're pulling out of it. Phew!

Anyways, as I'm sure many of you know, I HAVE OLYMPIC FEVER. HARD! I never thought I would and was even heard saying "You will not catch me anywhere NEAR Vancouver when the Olympics are here" or "This is going to be a gong show... does anyone really watch the Olympics anyways?!?"

Well I can tell you that ***I*** watch the Olympics... 24/7. I'm obsessed. Completely obsessed. CTV is on at least one tv in my house all day long. And if I'm not in front of a tv, I'm on twitter on my phone waiting for medal updates. Ha! :) I have no idea how this happened but somewhere in the last week and half, I have become the most patriotic person in Canada! lol

Anyways, I decided that I really wanted to take the kids downtown to witness this. I mean, it's a once in a lifetime thing... we will never see the Olympics in our city or province again. I went to Expo 86 when I was 6 and I still remember bits and pieces and can say I was there (I still have my passport! ;)

Off we went today... hoped on the Westcoast Express and we were there in record time... and walked right in to the CROWDS. WoW! I have honestly, never seen anything like this in my entire life! It was quite amazing. There wasn't much for the kids to do, but I'm glad they got to be part of it (and Ted and I will head down next week to do some adult stuff!!).


First... waiting at the train to go downtown!



The Olympic Cauldron!



The kids trying to get a glimpse through the fence.


A Canada Cookie!








The Latvia peeps... wish I had the guts to go up to them and ask for a picture! They looked so cool.


When we got to Robson there were a bunch of little shows... these guys were break dancers.


Batman was there!!! Ash was scared to death but Jake went right up to him and gave him a high five!


People from sweden... all sorts of people from tons of countries walking around singing their anthems and cheering for no reason! So fuN!



This polar bear was sooooo cool!



Oh! And if you didn't see it, I took some photos when the torch relay came through Aldergrove, but posted it here on my Lucy Lime Blog:

http://lucylimestudios.com/2010/02/vancouver-2010-olympic-torch-relay-aldergrove-bc/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill, I'm so glad you guys got to share that awesome experience!
It looks incredible!! And like you say, it won't come here again, so
it's so great that you'll all have that memory!
I'm sure you and Ted will go crazy when you get to go on your own....
Go Canada Go!!
Love, Gram XOX

Anonymous said...

I love these Jill! It looks like you guys had a great time!!

Love,
MOM