Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Buddy....


These are my buddies... Joel and TJ. They're my cousins... my friends. We've been super close since we were little, hanging out at family reunions up in Barriere and such. Most of you have heard me refer to them at some point or another.

Well, my TJ broke his ankle on Sunday sky diving. What was supposed to be a routine surgery to fix him up, resulted in an allergic reaction to the anesthetic and TJ being left in an induced coma. Luckily it seems that his organs haven't been affected and that he'll pull through this, but it's definitely a waiting game. They tried to take him off the drug that was keeping his temp down and wake him up this morning, but his temp sky rocketed again. So back under he went.

They'll try again tomorrow. I can't get my thoughts off him and his family... his wife Ashley and his two little girls Taliha and Callie. Anyways, I'm not an overly religious girl, but, if you all have prayers to spare, he and his beautiful family could use them!

Can't wait to speak to him again. Last time I saw him was a couple weeks ago at a less than happy occasion. We have lots more "Stuck In the Middle" songs to dance to... like you said at Joel's wedding party T, "We have to dance to this song till we're 80!!!"


*** UPDATE ***
He's awake!!! Kinda!! He's off the drugs, the respirator and coming to now. He's even said some words, but apparently he's struggling because of the ventilator down his throat. Docs say he's going to be fine! Apparently this happens to 1 in 60,000 people!!! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are certainly all inshock about T and his family.

I am a religous girl and am certainly praying for him and the family. I know that he will pull through this and be back with his family.

T has always been such an awesome friend and we all love him very much!!!!

Love Jessica, Gord and the girls

cathy said...

Thinking happy thoughts, and hopes that he will be as good as new really soon.

Hugs xo

Carol Kerfoot said...

Thinking of you and your family Jill. What a crappy situation. Hope he is feeling much better really soon.
C

Carol Kerfoot said...

My goodness. Hes gonna wonder why the hell he had to be number 60,000! So glad there is some great news!

cathy said...

That is good to hear!

cathy said...

That is good to hear!

Kristy said...

Wow! When did all this happen?? I am feeling horrible about this!?! I am sooo glad he will be ok???? What hospital is he at?
kristy

Jillian Kirby said...

He is in Kamloops actually... too far away. :( I was one more negative phone call away from driving up there with my other cousin Joel, but YEY! He woke up and while he still has some serious recovering to do, looks like he will be fine!!!
Thank you all for your thoughts!