Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

England!!!

I'm back!! And for those of you who don't follow my Facebook or Lucy Lime blog (and I can think of at least 10 of you), here are some pics that I did up quick yesterday!
More to come I'm sure!

It really was an amazing trip... we were only gone for 9 days (and two of those were travelling) but my gosh, we fit a lot in! East Grinstead, two twin sessions, a day in London, Stone Henge, Cornwall and the beaches, shopping, Cornish Cider Farm, i don't know how many pubs, family visiting, old cathedrals, ancient graveyards, TWO curries, Twickenham and Richmond, cream tea, took in some surfing (not me... Shannon's Brother in law!).... soooooo much!

About half way through the trip I got some serious home sickness and was counting the hours, minutes, and seconds until I got to go home. But it got better and we had a blast! Can't wait to go back with Ted to see Scotland.... definitely will have to make it a longer trip this time.

It really is amazing to be in a place that holds soooo much history. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the though that people had been living their lives there for hundreds and hundreds of years... the architecture was just amazing and I don't think anything blew my mind like St. Pauls Cathedral. We weren't allowed to take pics but Shannon held her camera down at her hip and snap some shots... they turned out AWESOME and hopefully she'll post them on our Lucy Lime blog. Anyways, here's a few pics!

Click on the pics to see them bigger.














5 comments:

Debbie said...

WOW! Your photos are AMAZING! (not that I am surprised!) I am so happy you had a Fantastic trip! Good to hear you made the MOST of your time there! Sounds like you may have been bitten by the travel bug??

Anonymous said...

You forgot the other new historical, ancient feature to grace the UK........YOU, old 30 year old YOU!

Glad you had fun Jill, missed you and happy birthday to you again lovely lady:) You deserved this trip and I am so happy you grabbed the opportunity!

Jes

Anonymous said...

Wow, Wow, Wow,
Just stunning shots Jill!!
I think I just got a huge lump in my throat!
With shots like this I am sure they will be inviting you back real soon!
Welcome home and you were truly missed
Glad you had such a wonderful trip you certainly deserve it!
Luv Ya
Auntie Kel
xo

Gram said...

Welcome Home Honey !!!
WOW !!!!! How I envy you !
I can't imagine seeing all that history in person! It's even hard to imagine you standing on the spots where you took those awesome pictures!!! I hope you and Ted get return soon and add Scotland to the trip (and why not Ireland???).
Glad you're home safe and sound Baby and looking forward to seeing more wonderful pictures and, of course, the twins.
Lovin' ya lots. XOX

Jillian Kirby said...

Thanks so much everyone!!! It really was the trip of a lifetime! We had a blast!! Pics of the twins to come!! ;)