Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Saturday, September 19, 2009

And it happened.....




My baby started school this week. Jake went to his very first class of preschool and I just couldn't be prouder of him. As great as Ash did when she went to school, she had a friend in her class and STILL cried for 6 months straight when we dropped her off.

Jake walked in... shy, reserved, but so sure of himself. He found something to do and while he wanted to make sure we were coming back to get him, he was amazing. He didn't cry, he didn't wine... he just played and enjoyed himself. I can't believe how well he did... I seriously was having panic attacks thinking about it. I just didn't think Jake was ready. I mean he's always had Ash to pave the way for him... to make the friends... to start the games... to tell him what when and how to do things. But he did great so the teachers say!! YEY JAKE!!!

Mommy didn't do so well.... I was brave, I did great that way.... but.... I. Forgot. My. Camera. (I'm hanging my head in shame right now).... what a typical youngest child thing to do. Crap.

But I did do a "First Day of School" shoot before class at home and I did have my camera phone so here's a few shots!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG we are the LUCKIEST grandparents in the whole wide world. How can we not be proud of Ashleigh & Jake. Makes me cry they are just growing up soooo fast.I AM NOT BIASED, they just happen to be the most beautiful children in the world, really I'm not biased they just ARE.

Carol Kerfoot said...

awwwww. your baby is growing up! Time for another :)

Gigi said...

Way to go Jake !!! I'm so proud of you ! And you look so cool.
You're gonna be fighting the girls off...I just know it ! Kiss Mom and tell her that she doesn't have to worry about YOU !!!
Love ya lots Jakey XOX

Anonymous said...

Good job, Jake! Jill, you even take great pictures on your camera phone!
Ann-Marie

Sheilah said...

awwww what a good boy, I remember the kids starting school, just makes ya want to cry doesn't it?? lol

Jillian Kirby said...

Awww thanks everyone... and yep Auntie She... it does make me want to cry!!! He still has yet to bat an eye that I'm leaving... just so great!! :)

Ps. Carol... No more baby talk crazy lady!