Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ash's First Day of Kindergarten!!!

Today was the day... 09/09/09... Ash's first day of Kindergarten! I'm the parent of a school aged child... she's in the school system... a part of a wonderful school actually.

I'm not gonna go on and on about how I can't believe we're here already (which I can't!) but more so, I'm going to rave today about how wonderfully she did. I remember the first day of preschool... she was such a shy child... so insecure in a way. She cried every day for what seemed like 6 months straight.

Today, she walked in there, with wonderful confidence, only knowing two other little girls and did so great. I'm so proud of her. She was so excited for this day to come and I know she's going to have an amazing year... by all accounts, her teacher is just the best in the district. I'm excited! And sad. But mostly excited! Here's how the day went:


We started out by having a quick little photoshoot to document how very cute she looked! LOL Ash was NOT impressed... this is definitely a forced smile! ;)



And because we were so eager to go, we were VERY early. This is Ash in the truck checking out the time "Is it time to go in now?" "How about now?" "Now???"




And when it finally was time to go in, she bolted to the school! LOL



This is Ash's "Mom, you're embarrassing me with your freakin' camera" look. HAHAH!!!


We've moved Ash from her Preschool school to a new school in Murrayville this year. I was nervous taking her from her friends but luckily, she has two little twin sister girlfriends that are in the same class as her. Nothing like a little back-up!


Time to go in!



As soon as she walked in, she headed straight to the table with all the name cards. She grabbed this one and was not at all happy that her teacher spelt her name wrong!!!! It's a-s-h-l-e-I-G-H!! SHEESH!! Get it right already!


All in all, it was a great morning and while I had butterflies the whole time she was in class, I'm also super stoked to start getting involved in the school. This is going to be fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful year Ashleigh!!! I know you'll do great!!

Sheilah said...

Love Auntie Sheilah xoxo

Anonymous said...

The time flies huh???? We just started Grade One...number grades..when did THAT happen?!?!?!?!

Sarah said...

Awww so cute!! I am glad it was an easy transition for her.
What's up with Bob? He looks like he's giggling. LOL!

Gigi said...

Congratulations Ash on being such a grown up girl !!! And to you too Mom for recording all this for future reference !!! lol
I'm so proud of both of you !
XOX XOX

Jillian Kirby said...

Thanks for looking everyone!! :)

Sarah, truth be told, I think he was crying. LOL