Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

OMG, My Little Baby is 18 MONTHS OLD....

.... and I think I am handling it quite well.... excuse me while I go have a good cry!!! :(

I can't believe my little angel boy is 18 months already!! Gosh he has brought a lot of joy and laughter in the last 18 months!! The kid is just a card! He really is! He takes after his daddy and his Grandpa Ian. I've never seen a baby with more personality than this little guy... I mean TRULY, to know him is to LOVE the kid!

So while Ash was singing her full ABC's, counting to 20 (10 in spanish), knew the lyrics to at least 5 songs and was saying full 3-5 word sentences by this age, Jake can say Mama, Dada, bye bye, night night, soother, banana, ball, poop, Papa, milk (kinda), and Jaker (kinda). But the kid gives a mean hug and kiss! It'll really melt ya!

Where he lacks in speech he WELL makes up for it in his physical abilities. I think Ash just learned last year that she could use a stool or chair to climb on and get to things that were higher... Jake was doing that when he 11 months old! He's not an ounce shy and loves to laugh. He's sweet and kind and loving and I just can't say enough about my little man!!

His favorites things include Dora, high heels, bead necklaces, footballs, tools and being naked! I guess he's got a little influence from everyone. And the kid has got a million nicknames: Jake, Jaker, Jakey, munch, munchkin, bubba, Jake-a-roo, Jakey-bear... I don't know how he knows his name at all. =)

Anyways, Happy 18 month Birthday to my baby today! LOVE YOU MUNCH!





This is my babes new "Cheese" face! LOVE IT!!! LOL



His new "Cool Dude" look.... oh my gawd... I'm so the lame mommy trying to be cool already. guh.




And here's Jake trying to sit on my lap while I'm trying to take his 18 month photo... got a little too close!! :)
Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Kelly and Larry said...

My oh My where does the time go???
He is such a little man and he looks so much his Papa Ian!!
How could he go wrong though with such wonderful parents as the two of you!!
Happy 18 month old day Jackey!!
Love you lots!!
Auntie Kelly & Uncle Larry
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Has he gotten cuter just since last week or is it just me???
What a great compliment he is to the two of you!
Hugs and kisses Jaker from
Gigi and Big Papa
XOX XOX XOX (& Abby)

Hope Walls said...

He's lovely, Jillian. And yup - my boys were deaf-mutes who could scale the walls and repair their electric trains, while the girls would sit there and give you the definitions for words like 'antagonist' and 'proletariat' but couldn't muster the agility to put a pillow on a couch... I don't care what ANYONE says: boys and girls are hardwired differently.

Jillian Kirby said...

Oh my gosh Hope!! That made me laugh so hard!!! LOVE the "deaf-mute who could scale walls"... that is so Jake!!

And yes... they are DEFINITELY hardwired differently!

cathy said...

You have captured him so well! I think he is adorable!!

I promise you he will speak more, but he has a big sis who can do all of the talking for him! What else are big sisters for anyways lol!

I know I did that for my sisters and they ALWAYS have a lot to say!!

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling my grandson is going to break a few hearts along the way!! He is such a love, but a rough and tumble guy! You just want to eat him up, but he really has to be in the mood; he plays the aloof type then all of a sudden he wraps his arms around you and gives you the biggest hug!! Which of course melts my heart again. I love you Jakey! Happy 18 mos.
Love, Grammie T