Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jake's Birthday... He's Three!!


Well I say it year after year but this one hit me particularly hard I think. My baby boy Jake turned three on July 24th. Where did the time go??? I think it was bad because we don't have an ounce of baby anything anymore. It's gone... all of it. The crib, the diapers, the baby bag... even the rails on his bed. Everything!

And yeah, it's great... it's so nice to be a fully functioning family where every member gets to enjoy the fun things we're doing, but it's sad in the way that those nights where he wants me to sing him to sleep are becoming few and far between.

I'm lucky though... this boy is a momma's boy. He loves his cuddles and loves from his mommy and he always says "Am I your baby momma??". LOVE IT!!

He starts preschool in September and I'm not sure if I'll be as cool and collected as I was when Ash went... she was so ready... he's not. He's not used to big groups of kids and he certainly isn't used to me not being there. I wonder how he'll do.

He's such a loving sweet boy... he's gentle with babies and loves his friends. He's sweet and considerate and I just wanna eat him sometimes... until he gets mad... watch out! It happens rarely but boy does that little guy have a temper. Reminds me of Blair actually! Laid back but if and when you get him mad.... RUN!

He loves coloring and has certain shades of red that he particularly likes. He also has his Ariel doll that he loves to carry around. He says it looks like mommy and it goes EVERYWHERE with him. He's a little fish and loves swimming. I can't believe how much he does and I'm sure it's because he watches his big sister do everything.

He's obsessed (and I mean OBSESSED) with Spiderman. The boy just LOVES him. Hence his spiderman party. We were down at the Beach house for Jake's birthday so we through him a little party with Erika and Reid. We opened presents, did a puppet craft and had a spiderman birthday cake (that's all he asked for!). It was fun and I think he had a great time! :)

Happy Birthday Jake... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!








2 comments:

cathy said...

Happy belated Jake! Looks like he had a wonderful day!

Gram (aka Gigi) said...

He is a sweet boy Honey and you just eat it up !!!They grow up much too fast ! Kiss him for me.
XOX XOX