Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Grammie

My Grammie sent this photo to me the other day. It's of her and my Papa at a Joni James concert. They've since been married for 52 years, after 50 of which, they renewed their vows in front of family and friends. Inspiring and overwhelming to say the least. See the necklace and earrings she was wearing? I wore those same pieces at my grad... and I can't wait for Ash to do the same.
She was 16 in this photo... beautiful wasn't she? But not nearly as beautiful as she is today. I found this quote a long time ago and filed it away:

"Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete." ~Marcy DeMaree

This is my Grammie wrapped up in one little quote. She has 5 children, 13 grandchildren, two step grandchildren, and 9 great-grandchildren. She is all of our biggest fan and cheerleader. You can't help but feel like you can do no wrong when you talk with my Grammie... she makes everyone feel special and unique. I wonder if she realizes that she is the one that special and unique. We don't tell her enough... I think I need to make a phone call!! :)

I love her to bits. We all do. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, I can only hope and pray that this is the way my grandchildren will feel about me some day, (tough act to follow). WOW what a beauty, she looks like a movie star and I can see some Jill in there around the eyes. Your grandmother is truly one of those rare people beautiful inside and out.. often there is one but rarely the two. You are so very lucky to have her in your life and as a role model..you are truly blessed (and so is she)as I know you adore her.

cathy said...

She is beautiful! What a great looking couple! I wonder if she still has that dress?!

Jillian Kirby said...

Good question Cathy... somehow I doubt it. But I would love to see it. Not that anyone but her could ever fit into it... she was just so tiny! LOL

Anonymous said...

Jillian Elizabeth.....you made your Grammie cry!!! What a wonderful granddaughter you are!!!
I am just so lucky!!! Thankyou so much for that incredible tribute!!
I wish I could put into words how much I love you (all)!
About the dress, I had it (and other authentic 50's clothes) until we moved from the farm. I had them all in a big garbage bag
and they never arrived at our new townhouse. I do have pictures of me wearing it at a couple of the fifties parties that we had many years later though. I'll show you when you're over again.
Lovin' you so much, Gram XOX XOX

cathy said...

Oh Jillian! You got your middle named used LOL!

Anonymous said...

She is pretty fantastic isn't she!!!! I am proud to have her as a "Grammie-in-law????" I'll certainly take her however I can get her!

We all love her very much. Gordie always said that his Grammie loves everyone - except for Sarah Jesica Parker right Grammie!!!!

We love you very much - you are sweet, caring, supportive, outgoing and have one hell of a sense of humour!

Jessica, Gordie, Lexie, Emerson and doggies!!!!

Hope Walls said...

I love your Grammie too, now... lol

Always give Gramma's extra hugs and kisses - they're never wasted like the ones those ingrateful little beasts we call our offspring take pains to refuse or wipe off... ~smirk~