Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Babies!!!!!

Months ago, a family friend - Abby - had twins VERY early and they were in Edmonton receiving intense medical care for the first three months of their lives. It was a very emotional few months for their parents and we followed along via the blog that Dave (Abby's husband) created. He posted pictures and videos and kept us all updated on the babies' conditions.

So I can't even tell you how exciting it was to meet these two little miracles yesterday at a shower that my Aunt Kelly threw. They are SOOOOO CUTE! Madeleine is sooo tiny! She's only just over 7 lbs and such a little peanut! And Dillon is a little lump at almost 13lbs! I just wanted to steal the two of them away and take pictures of them!! Here's a few that I got to snap!



M just slept for the first half of the shower and looked so serene and peaceful.



D, on the other hand, was all about socializing and didn't sleep the whole time!



Here is M with her proud Auntie.



And one of M with Auntie Kel!



Here, Abby feeds M while Auntie Jo holds D. Wow... how about dealing with twins on a daily basis by yourself?!?



These little cuties were so full of personality... what little dolls! Here's M getting all silly!



And here is D giving one of many faces we got to see that night. =)

Great to see you all Rivers family!

8 comments:

cathy said...

Ohhhh...times two!

Beautiful

Beautiful

Kelly and Larry said...

Well,
It was a day of such Joy!!
Abby called me Sunday morning and was still walking on Sunshine!!
Her and Dave just had a marvelous time and couldn't say enough about my marvelous family!!
So my dear thanks so very much for being you, being there, taking these as usual amazing photo's!
You just never miss a beat when it comes to capturing the precious moments of these little wonders that enter our world!!
And now thanks to you all the world can see what you've captured in these two little beauties!!
I could just hug you to pieces throught this blog!!
I have this amazing bouquet of tulips in my house and I can look at them and it warms my heart because but who else but you would have thought to brighten up my home with my favorite flower!!
Can't wait to have you all to myself for a day!
Love ya
Auntie Kel
p.s tell Ted I thank him as well for sharing you for a whole day!
Can't wait till Ab & Dave see these photo's

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill....how absolutely beautiful!!!
You've captured just the right moments in just the right way!
I hope Abby has your blog address
'cause she just has to see these!
You continue to amaze me!

Your very proud Gram
XOX XOX

Hope Walls said...

Yay for the twins coming home!!! When will you get to play with them and the new pink backdrop is my only question... lol

Hope Walls said...

(You're living my dream here - I have stripedy backdrops just waiting for a set of twins...)

Jillian Kirby said...

Ugh Hope!! I don't know! But a girl can dream!!!

Carol Kerfoot said...

oh my.....sigh sigh sigh...

I love these babies.

I went and checked out their blog and I have been mopping my face ever since. I even dreamt about them last night.

They are simply beautiful and what a story!

I wanted to comment on their blog but I just didnt know where to begin and what to say. I think I will visit again.

They are perfect.

AmberW said...

Oh my goodness I just spent the past hour reading their blog and bawling my eyes out. But happy tears... how AMAZING!!! They are beautiful!!!!! And what a miracle indeed.