Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Wedding Ring!!


For those of you who didn't know... I lost my wedding ring last night!

And not just MY wedding ring... my Nana's, Aunt Lizzy's wedding ring from 1921!!! That's right, my almost 90 year old ring slipped off my finger somewhere between the truck and my dad's house last night. I was so upset... we couldn't find it anywhere and wasn't sure 100% when or where it fell off (and the snow didn't help).

But YEY FOR MY DADDY!!! He went out this morning and this afternoon and because of all the rain today, he found my ring in the grass!!! THANK GOD!!!

Before my Nana passed away, she literally took it off her own finger and gave it to me, which I in turn gave to Ted to use for my wedding ring at our wedding a few months later. That ring means so much to me for so many reasons, I would have been devastated if it was gone. It's just a very simple pink gold band but the sentimental meaning behind it is priceless.

Now the decision... do I get it sized? Because I have lost 11 lbs this month, I guess my rings are getting too big and I need to either weld them together or get them sized. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I would wait to get it sized, especially because you are trying to loos more weight. I made the mistake of getting my engagement made larger (pregnant) and made smaller again (postpartum) I should have just taken it off and waited it out.

So glad you found it :)

Jillian Kirby said...

Thanks anonymous!!
Maybe that's what I should do... wait till April.
Thanks!
Jill

Anonymous said...

Sorry - I'm dumb - I am anonymous!!! LOL.

Jes

cathy said...

I agree with your friend!!

PS! Crazy story!! And, I LOVE the story behind your ring!

Hope Walls said...

I'd have been horrified to lose it, too! Yay Dad!!!

Kelly and Larry said...

Oh my goodness Jill,

I have a lump in my throat just thinking of you!!
My Grammie your Great Grammie gave me her wedding band and I was wearing it on my baby finger and the same thing happened!! Ugh
I just felt numb!!
I did find it in my bedsheets! Yeah!
My personal opinion & for your own peace of mind, I would wait until you finish losing weight before sizing the ring. Your goal at the present time is losing weight and feeling good about yourself!
I am sure your Nana is cheering you on!!
Welding them together is always a good thing as well, been there done that!
Yeah for Daddy (Ian) he always comes to the rescue!
Luv
Auntie Kel
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx