Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Brush with "Death"!!! LOL

So just to clarify why I was so pensive and thoughtful on my way to the airport, I thought I'd share with you my brush with death!! (LOL... not really, but I like to make things exciting!!).

I was driving down hwy 99 talking to Ted on the phone (he was sitting on the plane in Winnipeg waiting to take off). I hung up with him and heard this crazy humming noise. Looked out the rear view mirror... nothing. I noticed I was losing speed. Ok... better pull over and find out what the heck is going on...

As soon as I braked to slow down, the truck just went out of control veering all over the road!!! Thank god there were no cars around me because I FOR SURELY would have hit one or two. I finally got the car pulled over to the side of the road. Got out of the truck, walked around the side, and saw this:





Pardon the quality... they were taken on my camera phone!

I couldn't believe it!!!! Just crazy!! Anyways, I was stuck on the side of the road for about 45 minutes and then my hero father in law came to rescue me!! (THANK YOU PAUL AND HELEN!!). Funny enough, my friend Tim drove past and called me to make sure I was ok. He then called again from home (5 min away) and we asked him to come help out as my FIL was having some trouble. We then got a phone call from poor Tim that he was on the 99 on his way to us but was stuck in traffic as they had closed the hwy due to a semi truck accident!!!!

UGH! Poor Tim... stuck in traffic just trying to come help! THANKS TIM!!!!

Anyways, all is good! Got to the airport to pick up Ted in time and no one was hurt! YEY!

Everything happens for a reason! The accident happened minutes after I past by that spot... could have been in it! My Dad called shortly before I was leaving for the airport and asked if he could watch the kids while I went... so I decided to leave them.... they would have been in the truck and on the side of the road with me! Things could have been so much worse!

Crazy!!!

3 comments:

cathy said...

OMG!!! Crazy!!!!

Glad you are fine, and the kids are fine! That EVERYBODY is fine :D

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jillian that is down right scary!! Someone was watching over you. Thank-you God!
Your songs are beautiful. It ALMOST makes me want to listen to country! lol

Love,
MOM

Kelly and Larry said...

Oh My Jill,

The men in your life must have just been sick for you!!
I am such a chicken S--- I would have just freaked!!
Thank-you to whom ever was watching over my Jilly Bill!!
And thanks to Ian for having those babies!!
Luv You!!
Auntie Kel
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx