Just click on the picture to see it bigger... Bigger is DEFINITELY better!!!! :)

Friday, February 1, 2008

This Song!!!

I guess I was all sensitive on my way to the airport (or stuck in some serious traffic and bored out of my mind!!) and I heard this song. It's called Letter to Me by Brad Paisely and WOW... I wish this song came out when I was 17 (though I probably wouldn't have listened anyways!).Obviously it's more affective if you've heard the song but the lyrics are so true. 17 was a CRAZY year for me and I swear this song was written about my life. So this is the song... slightly adapted for ME by ME!!! ;)

If I could write a letter to me and send it back in time to myself at 17...
First I'd prove it's me by saying look under your bed
There's a diary and chocolate no one else would know you hid
And then I'd say I know it's tough when you break up after seven months
And yeah, I know you really liked him, and it just don't seem fair
All I can say is pain like that is fast, and it's rare!

And oh, you got so much going for you, going right
But I know at 17, it's hard to see past Friday night
He wasn't right for you And still you feel like there's a knife
sticking out of your back And you're wondering if you'll survive
You'll make it through this and you'll see
You're still around to write this letter to me.

At the stop sign at 232nd and Glover
Always stop completely Don't just tap your brakes
Each and every time you have a fight
Just assume you're wrong and dad is right
And you should really thank Mrs. Bryson
She spent so much extra time
It's like *she sees* the diamond underneath
And she's polishing you 'til you shine.

And oh, you got so much going for you, going right
But I know at 17 it's hard to see past Friday night
Tonight's the bonfire rally but you're staying home instead
Because if you fail Math 11, you know dad will kill you dead
Trust me you'll squeak by and get a C
And you're still around to write this letter to me.

You've got so much *up* ahead
You'll make new friends,
you should see your husband and kids

And I'd end by saying have no fear
These are nowhere near the best years of your life.

I guess I'll see you in the mirror
When you're a grown woman
P.S. go hug your Nana every chance you can.

And oh, you got so much going for you, going right
But I know at 17, it's hard to see past Friday night
I wish you'd study Spanish I wish you'd finish your degree
I wish you wouldn't worry, let it be
I'd say have a little faith, and you'll see.
If I could write a letter to me, to me...

No comments: